Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving Game


 
Turkey Time:
 
Here's a fun game to play with your kindergarten - 2nd graders.  I have a stuffed turkey that my classes love to use. The game is played like duck, duck goose as they sing any turkey songs that you want to use. The child that is tapped on the last word of the song chases the child with the turkey to see if they will have a turkey dinner for Thanksgiving. The turkey is given to the child that did the chasing and the game starts over again. I use this game to practice the beat to a song with the class. I also use it to find the rhythm of the song for 1st and 2nd graders. Your class will love this game as they try to catch the turkey for Thanksgiving Dinner.
Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
(For more exciting lessons and fun things to do with your class, be sure to Sign up by email on my side bar to claim your monthly freebie, teacher tips & tricks).








No comments: