Friday, June 26, 2015

Technology In The Music Classroom


Hello Teachers,
I hope you are having a fun summer!

Technology In The Music  Classroom Part-1
My classes love using technology such as smartboard games, ipod games, youtube and music software.  They can’t seem to get enough of them so I decided to spend some time checking out fun websites to use in my classroom. Here are two websites I’d like to use in my classroom.

Chuck Vanderchucks "Something Something" Explosion
I really had a blast with all the different games for this  website.  Your class can explore eight unique musical styles with the rockin' Chuck Vanderchuck and his bandmate, Ramona. Help the band write song lyrics, test your ears with a "Name That Instrument" game, and create your own tunes too!


Click on the picture to check out this website!














Music Exploratorium
Find out the scientific answers to some of your most common music questions such as "Why do some songs get stuck in my head?". Want to create your own music? Check out the Dot Mixer and Step Re-mix in the Online Exhibits.


Click on the picture to check out this website!


Next week I will be sharing some fun note reading websites I think will be fun for your classes. I can't wait to see if the note reading games will help my students become better note readers this year. See you next week for Technology In The Music Classroom Part-2. What music websites do your children like the most? I would love to hear about them. Sherry Stucki :)

Want more fun activities and ideas for your music class?
be sure to Sign-up by email on my side bar to claim a monthly freebie, teacher tips & tricks. I would love to hear thoughts you might have in the comments below. Sherry :)



Check out some of my favorite games and activities!
You can contact me via emailsherrystucki@aim.com



      Substitute Music Plans     Smartboard Music Games

No comments: